Welcome to my personal website.
My name is Andrés-Amador García Granada and I work as professor at IQS-URL Barcelona doing some research and teaching. I also used to teach just three hours a week at EUETIB-UPC Barcelona for mechanical engineers. Previously I worked for several companies such as SEAT and AUDI and indirectly for British Aerospace during my PhD and Nuclear Electric along my Master Thesis.
NEW 05.12.2018: Please vote for your favourite student project: Tshirtfolder(23/11/2018), Robowaiter (04.01.2018), Submarineglider (13.12.2018), Logisticrobot (20.12.2018) or Planecontrol (14.01.2019)
NEW 19.09.2018: Please join us for our Makeathon by sending us a short video with your google mail with this formular
NEW 20.03.2018: SolidWorks case study http://www.solidworks.com/sw/successes/customer-story.htm?record=IQS-School-of-Engineering&id=7019
NEW 08.01.2018: videos from students working on Mi5: iBush to trim a bush from STL file, Robogoalie where a goalkeeper tracks a ball using Lego Mindstorm, Redivivus machine to recycle with sensors, Laserinj for personalised laser engraving on plastic injected parts and Gardenbot for vertical gardening robot.
NEW: please join us at http://www.ic4m.net/ven.html and http://www.icdes.org/ conference February 2018. Submit your paper using this guide before (Full Paper) Oct. 25, 2017 or (Only Presenter) Oct.20, 2017
NEW: oral presentation from Dr. Dimla was awarded Excellent Presentation Award at ISGMA2017.
NEW: Interview after teaching in Ingoltadt https://www.thi.de/maschinenbau/news/news-fakultaet-maschinenbau/news/interview-with-dr-andres-amador-garcia-granada-professor-for-the-iqs-school-of-engineering-from/
You are more than welcome to visit my RESEARCH profile if you are interested in:
- Plastic with functiolase surface using nanopattern replication PLASTFUN.
- Simulations of glass glowing vidresim.
- Student work for Project Mi5 for innovative, interdisciplinary, international, iterative, incremental as reported by SolidWorks Education to develop a showcase module to be shown in a fair in Germany. New development for course 2015-2015 on youtube IQS coffee-maker, and final ITQ verion of Coffee-Maker. We use many documents like those stored in https://engineering4x4.wordpress.com/.
- Simulations and testing of pulse damping on arteries using fully-coupled fluid structure interaction with hysteresis testing to take into account energy absorption during pulse arterial expansion. This is a 4 year project called ECSTATE running with IQS, Harvard-MIT Biomedical Engineering Center, South Western Sydney Clinical School, Hospital del Mar and PRBB.
- Simulations and testing of plastic injection at nanoscale level with surface patterns in a mould with DLC to be transfered to a plastic part. For such measurements new portable AFM is developed within aim4np project. This is a 3.5 year FP7 project called AIM4NP running with TUDelft, CIN2 & CNM, CSIC, Anton Paar, SIOS, Nanoworld, TUWien, Nanosurf, VSL, Nanotools, PEPM, FLUBETECH, NTC Weiz and IQS.
- Simulations and testing of recirculation and shear stress on arterial bifurcations to decide placement for STENTS. For this project CATIA was used to provide doctors with a n interface that allows them to obtain geometry, CNC files for prototypes, simulation of flow fliles and 3Dprinting files. 3Dprinting was used for arteries and also for personalised supports to obtain a customised curvature.
- Database for interaction with simulation community called MODELBENCH to place questions and answers about required simulations.
- Several proposals such as BBB with flow and diffusion simulations and testing of CAPILLARIES for BBB Blood Brain Barrier with MIT+Unizar Plan Nacional. Testing using Porous Biocompatible 3DPrinted materials, or POROUS medium simulation. Weight optimisation with Additive Manufacturing Lattice Strutures or RESTOPAM for REsidual STresses and OPtimisation of Additive Manufaturing Marie Curie proposal.
- Enviromental projects such as TECNOFUS Nuclear Fusion research Ciemat Consolider Project or CO2 and NO3 enviroment reduction studies with flow and thermal simulations.
- Simulations and testing previous to IQS working for industry for AUDI simulations and testing of FMVSS201U. Procedure to import and compare simulations and tests within a database. Methodology to evaluate risk on impacts. Previously working for SEAT simulations of FMVSS201U and research on plastics, foams, textile... to generate database for simulation and before that working for EDAG engineering consultancy work using finite elements for automotive and aerospace industry.
- Simulations and testing of residual stresses, creep and fatigue crack growth using Garcia-Sachs versus X-ray and FEM-Abaqus simulations during my PhD at University of Bristol or simulations and testing for thick welds on nucelar plant pipes during my Final year project also at Bristol using the Deep Hole Drilling.
You are more than welcome to visit my TEACHING if you are interested in:
- Postgraduate or Master studies including teaching CRASH analysis with PAMCRASH, Packaging focused on parametric design to get the right packing, simulations and manufacturing with 3Dprinted prototypes, or SolidWorks modules of Design Validation with SolidWorks (Advanced Design, Design for Manufacturing, Motion, Simulation and Flow) .
- Undergradute projects and lectures such as Computer Aided Design and Engineering,Industrial Drawing and normalisation of screws, bearings..., Machine Element Calculation, Statics and Dynamics, or EUETIB lessons for Drawings.